Sunday, June 19, 2011

Pregnancy update - Regular contractions

I had been feeling off since Friday night, I couldn't quite put my finger on what was making me feel sick (headache, nauseas etc), cause it seemed to be a lot of things.

Saturday I was ok, probably because I was outside in the fresh air all day, but come the afternoon I started feeling ill again. Night time came I felt terrible. Again I couldn't pin point what was making me feel like that. I felt like I had a terrible fever but in fact it was nowhere near it. 35.8, normal for me.

We put the kids to bed, Hubby was on the net, and trying to talk to me, but I felt so zoned out I didn't even realise. I wanted to go to bed but had absolutely no energy so I layed down on the lounge with my hubby...big mistake...he thought that was a perfect time to start showing me all these cars he wants on E-Bay lol..

Anyway I went to bed at about 10.30 and fell asleep almost straight away. I woke up at about 1.30ish with terrible period pains and cramping, I tossed and turned for a while, that didn't help...went to the bathroom, got a drink of water, they didn't help... went back to bed, kept tossing and turning... SORRY FOR TMI but thought maybe I needed to go to the toilet... nope didn't need to... got another drink, took panadol... went on the computer for a little while... Nothing I did eased the pain. They were lasting 45-50 seconds and were 4-5 minutes apart. At this stage I'd already been awake for 2 hrs and they were definitely regular. I went back to bed and again tossed and turned for ages.

Any normal person would have rang the hospital. I didn't as I knew it would stop. I went through this for two weeks constantly before I had Mr 1, as I had an irritable uterus and by the looks of things, things are no different this time around. If I was further along, say 35-36 weeks and up, I honestly would've grabbed my bags and headed to the hospital, that's how real they felt.

I finally ended up falling asleep after about 4 or 5 hrs of torture and woke up perfectly fine. During this whole episode I felt like I needed to throw up but never did.

I spoke to my husband and best friend about it, and both of them told me to ring the hospital to see what they say. I didn't want to cause I knew exactly what they'd say... Well I rang Labour and Delivery, and yep they said exactly what I thought they'd say. I explained my history, the cervix size, the low fluid, the ill feeling, the REGULAR contractions etc etc. And asked is it any cause for concern? Is it history repeating itself (meaning irritable uterus or the like)? I knew it wasn't real labour as it wouldn't have stopped otherwise. The woman on the phone goes nah it's only Braxton Hicks because it wasn't regular... I said it was regular. and explained the whole situation again. Then she goes on to say ohh it's not real labour because it stopped. I'm like I KNOW THAT, I'm asking if its a cause for concern due to previous history... her response - (pause) umm.. I don't think so...

Thanks Love, You really put my mind at ease!

Ahh well at least I won't get in trouble from my Dr for not alerting the hospital this time lol.

So I've put myself on modified duties and I'm taking it easier (impossible to say easy when you have kids :)). Hubby is being fantastic, not only is he busy with the retaining wall, but he's constantly checking on me, doing things for me etc. , making sure I'm not doing naughty things like lifting heavy things, or too much physical activity, and it works out well, as he has taken Annual Leave this week, so it'll be good to have him around to help out when things get stressful.

I have my antenatal appt on Tuesday, and will be mentioning this to the Dr. I just wish Tuesday would hurry up.

1 comment:

  1. I feel for you Tubbah, it's not only frustrating to suffer through but it's exhausting too.
    Good on hubby for taking the time off to look after you, mine did the same thing :)
    Take care of yourself and I look forward to hearing what the dr says tomorrow.