CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Day 2 of Bedroom make over - 30 minutes a day

I'm making slow progress in my room. I'm finding I'm going through more and more boxes that I dig out along the way. Normally I'd get overwhelmed and just want to get the room clean and ignore all the boxes full of stuff... But one thing I've learnt along the way, I can't just sweep it all under a rug.

So I've been sorting out these boxes and putting the 'stuff' in it's rightful home. I'm amazed at how much space I've freed up...and hopefully not to be filled with other 'stuff'

Things I've accomplished today:

  • gathered up a friends baby shower gifts and put them in gift bag ready for her party.
  • found some craft stuff and ended up cleaning out the craft cupboard (not in bedroom lol).
  • boxed up garage sale items.
  • Put pack of newborn nappies in hospital bag, ready to go
  • sorted through paper
  • shredded unwanted paper (i bought a shredder today FINALLY :) I've been wanting one for ages and I absolutely love it )
  • rounded up recipes and placed in recipe folder
  • placed all Dr referrals and prescriptions in a zip lock bag on our cork board
I really need to find a place to put all the garage sale stuff...we usually put it in the garage but it tends to get forgotten about...

There's still so much to do, but I can definitely see the light at the end of the tunnel :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Tubbah

    I didn't realise I had started a challenge in organising 30 minutes a day, but good on you. I am going to be organising in small amounts now, as doing it one room at a time is too overwhelming for me. I see you have already joined my new blog. Keep up the good work. Hope to keep you motivated with my new blog.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol yeh i think it kind of evolved into a challenge :) but that's ok because it's getting a few ppl motivated, so thanks :) and I look forward to following ur new blog

    ReplyDelete