CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Organising myself

I've been feeling a bit overwhelmed recently as I'm forcing myself to do too much. I'm trying to organise every aspect of my life all at once, except probably one of the most important things - myself.

As a result, I personally feel more unorganised. These are some things I've been trying to tackle all at once

  • 21 Day Challenge
  • Get my family and myself into a routine
  • 30 minute a day challenge (I would like this to be a regular thing)
  • Study and put into practice, Time Management
  • Declutter and organise the house
  • Get out of debt
  • Get a set budget in place
  • Spend more time with the kids
  • Finish unfinished jobs
  • Completing my daily ''must do's''
  • Getting things done asap - dishes, hang washing instead of dryer etc
  • Cutting costs - water/electricity bills, groceries etc
Last night got me thinking about all of the above and how I've been madly trying to get control of it all and in turn have lost site of what's really important, my kids. One of the reasons I quit work was to be with them, and I want to commit to that (as well as everything else lol)..

Which brings me to my decision.

I've decided the month of May is about me. I'm going to use this time to better myself and work out what's most important and to focus on that.

Family is most important to me, but seeing as though one must continue to do the housework/budgeting etc, I've decided Time Management is a priority to successfully get through the above list.

So the month of May I will be learning all about Time Management and hopefully by the end of the month I'll be able to prioritise a lot better and spend quality time with my children.

I can't wait and I'm so excited. I've found a great site full of great information, which I'll be printing out and reading through.

If anyone is interested in joining me you're more then welcome. You can check out the Time Management site here

4 comments:

  1. It's great to have about me time now and then, enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are doing the same thing as me at the moment. I too have worked out a schedule that includes a daily time out for myself. Sometimes when my husband comes home I just go down the shops to get a breath. It's hard juggling two little kids all day on your own. Remember just to take the time whenever you can. Time is precious as a mother. I know you will do it as you have been working so hard already. Have fun.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good on you for realising what you need.
    It's hard being a wife and mother at times because we tend to forget that we are also a person that has needs as well.
    We are so busy meeting everyone elses that we forget about our own.

    I think Time Management is such an important thing because otherwise we just spend the day chasing our tails and feeling overwhelmed by what we didn't do instead of marvelling at what we did do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for ur comments :)

    It does get hard at times, especially as its a 24/7 job. Every 2nd Friday I go shopping with mum, even if I don't get anything it's still good to get out and have a kid free night. :)

    Yep too right Peta, I can't wait to get it all sorted and stop chasing my tail :D

    ReplyDelete