CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, April 1, 2011

Bye Bye DEBT Cards :)

Last week I posted about paying off 1 of the credit cards or I should say DEBT cards. We were really pleased to finally have one out of the way and cancelled...Yep I cancelled it :D

I am VERY proud to say we've paid out the other 2 cards :) We're over the moon :) 1 of the cards still has about $1500 on it which is an interest free purchase and still has 3.5 yrs to go, so we decided to pay that off slowly, but in time and focus on the debts with higher interest, such as the car loan :)

Eventually we'll get to the point of saving up for something instead of going and getting it on credit, but it's a slow process and I know we'll get there :)

I'm really impressed especially seeing as though we haven't as yet cancelled the other 2 cards (will do but this week has been horrible with the kids being sick and on top of that my husband lost a dear friend to cancer the other day, her funeral was yesterday, poor girl was only 25 :( R.I.P, she's in a better place now) and knowing we desperately need a screen door normally we'd just pay on credit, but this time we've opened up a seperate account and have started saving towards it...and you know what? There's absolutely no temptation there what so ever to put it on the CC :)

3 comments:

  1. it is a slow process but sounds like you are on the right road. Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done its a great feeling to have the cards paid off .

    ReplyDelete